34.jpg (54440 bytes)


Elias Carter's original design for the church consisted of Savannah's gray brick walls covered with stucco, a recessed portico, and a cupola.   Iron fencing was added in front of the church to prevent stray animals from gaining access.  In the renovation of 1921-1922, architect Henrik Wallin's design called for more of a Greek temple form.  The cupola was removed, the portico enclosed for a narthex, the front extended to create a new portico, and the entire building clad in limestone.

back