Image Catalogue Continued 

Click on image for enlarged picture
A drawing depicting the Confederate troops burning the third Tybee Light house in November of 1861, before the arrival of the Union forces. 

From the collection of the Tybee Island Historical Society.

A photograph showing the damage inflicted on the Tybee Light house by the Confederate troops in November of 1861. The Confederated burned all but the lower 64 feet of the lighthouse. 

From the collection of the Tybee Island Historical Society.

The Tybee light station in 1885. The picture shows the head keeper's house, a stick-style design.  
 
 
 

From the collection of the Tybee Island Historical Society.

A picture showing the Tybee Light Station in the 1880's. 
 
 

From the collection of the Tybee Island Historical Society.

The forward range lighthouse at Tybee Island in 1907. This light contained a 4th order Fresnel Lense and was used in conjunction with the rear range lighthouse, the Tybee Lighthouse. 

From the collection of the Tybee Island Historical Society.

The Tybee Light Station in the 1920's. 

 

From the collection of the Tybee Island Historical Society.

The Tybee Light Station in 1923, showing both the head keeper's house and the first assistant keeper's house. 
 

From the collection of the Tybee Island Historical Society.

A birds-eye view of the Tybee Light Station, Battery Brumby and Battery Garland in 1965. 
 

From the collection of the Tybee Island Historical Society.

A birds-eye view of the Tybee Light Station and Battery Brumby in 1970. 
 

From the collection of the Tybee Island Historical Society.

The Martello Tower in 1862 under occupation of the Union troops

 
From the collection of the Tybee Island Historical Society.

Next 10 Results

Tybee Main Page

Savannah Images Project