The Confederate Flag over Tybee Island
During the Civil War, Tybee Island was
used as the base from which Union forces attacked and captured Fort Pulaski.
The Confederate flag that is now shown was flown until March 1863. The
flag flew over Tybee Island when Confederate troops occupied Tybee. They
vacated Tybee Island in November 1861. This flag is commonly called the
"Stars and Bars."
Tybee Main Page
Savannah Images Project