This makeshift laboratory was built at the site with materials donated by industries in Chatham County. The galvanized steel hut laboratory was open to the public, where visitors could watch staff clean and process the artifacts. Some of the workers are resting on a bench, soaking up a little radiant heat. This photo was taken in late January, 1938.
Irene Mound Main Page
Savannah Images Project